Code of Conduct
As a Corporate/Individual member of the Whitby Chamber of Commerce, I/we recognize that membership is a privilege and brings with it the responsibility to assure that members also understand and fulfill the membership undertaking. The “Chamber of Commerce” herein shall be understood to mean the “Whitby Chamber of Commerce”.
Accordingly, I/we shall undertake to:
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner that reflects honourably upon the business community.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the Chamber of Commerce and represent the Chamber accordingly.
- Understand, support and promote the mission and goals of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Participate in the functions and activities of the Chamber of Commerce and, where possible, lend my/our business and professional expertise.
- If applicable, support and promote your “Member 2 Member” Discount Programs on the understanding that you will ensure your staff are trained and fully understand the scope of the discount offered.
- Play a role in promotion, development and enhancement of business growth and activities within Whitby and the surrounding areas.
I/We also understand that failure to comply with the professional and personal obligations of the Chamber of Commerce, as outlined above, can result in termination of my/our membership.
I/We hereby register for membership in the Chamber of Commerce and agree to pay the administration fee detailed on the registration form plus the annual membership investment, as set by the Board of Directors, until such time as my/our written resignation is filed with this organization. Payment of dues must accompany registration.
I/We understand that the membership will automatically renew each year until revoked in writing to the Chamber of Commerce. I/We understand that if the membership is revoked, I/we will pay in full the annual membership investment for the year in which revocation takes effect, without discount, rebate or refund of any part of that investment.
Authorization to Publish Information
Your business information you provided on your application form is public information and will be on our website and in the Member Directory. The Whitby Chamber of Commerce (WCC) publishes members’ information and/or photographs in a variety of media vehicles that may include, but not limited to: annual hard copy Member Directory, website directory, newsletters, regional newspapers and multimedia presentations at events. The WCC respects your privacy and, if at any time you wish not to be included in any publications, requests that you contact us at 905‑668‑4506. Unless otherwise indicated, we will assume that we have your authorization to proceed with the use of your name/photo in any and all future publications.