Whitby Chamber of Commerce Seeking Two(2) New Board Members
Posted Date: 2017-01-30 11:27:41
The Whitby Chamber of Commerce (WCC) is seeking strategic, experienced and committed members to join the Board of Directors. Under the guidance and direction of a strategic board, the WCC, one of the largest networks of business and professional organizations in Durham Region, plays a pivotal role in supporting the growth of our existing business base as well as new and emerging industries and communities.
The WCC needs outstanding leaders; individuals who have a stellar reputation with the proven ability to exercise independent, objective and sound judgement. The Chamber is seeking individuals to strategically direct the management and affairs of the WCC.
As the ideal Board Director, you are able to demonstrate the following key competencies which are essential to the role:
• Member in good standing
• Strong business acumen and forward thinking
• Thinks and acts strategically
• Experience with government regulation; acute knowledge of legislation
• Financial literacy
• Knowledge and understanding of emerging markets and industry trends
There is a particular need for candidates with a financial background and those with advocacy interests.
If you, or fellow members that you know, are interested and well qualified to be a candidate for next year's elected positions, the Board Nomination and Recruitment Committee (BNRC) would like to hear from you on or before Monday February 13, 2017.
Nomination submissions must include:
1. Completed nomination form, signed and supported by two members in good standing;
2. A resume and brief biography/profile including: board/committee experience, community involvement, current Chamber involvement, business experience and interests
All information can be submitted electronically to Brenda Bemis at firstname.lastname@example.org or sent by mail to the WCC at 128 Brock Street South, Whitby, ON L1N 4J8 no later than Monday February 13, 2017. Nominations will be made public on the Chamber website for member review in mid-February and a member-wide election will be held.