Members of the Whitby Chamber of Commerce pride ourselves in abiding by a code of conduct on how we work with the general consumer and how we work together as a business community.
Code of Conduct
As a Corporate / Individual member of the Whitby Chamber of Commerce, I/we recognize that membership is a privilege and a membership brings with it the responsibility to assure that members also understand and fulfill the membership undertaking. The "Chamber of Commerce" herein shall be understood to mean the "Whitby Chamber of Commerce".
Accordingly, I/We shall undertake to:
- Conduct business and professional activities in a reputable manner so as to reflect honourably upon the business community.
- Respect the reputation, profile and status of the Chamber of Commerce and represent the Chamber accordingly.
- Understand, support and promote the Missions and Goals of the Chamber of Commerce.
- Participate in the functions and activities of the Chamber of Commerce and where possible, lend my/our business and professional expertise.
- If applicable, support and promote your "Member to Member" affinity and discount programs on the understanding that you will ensure your staff are trained and fully understand the scope of the discount offered.
- Play a role in promotion, development and enhancement of business growth and activities within Whitby and the surrounding areas.
I/We also understand that failure to comply with the professional and personal obligations of the Chamber of Commerce, as outlined above and as defined in Article 3.3, Membership, Whitby Chamber By-Laws, can result in termination of my membership.
I/We hereby apply for membership in the Whitby Chamber of Commerce and agree to pay the initial administration fee detailed above plus the annual membership fee, as set by the Board of Directors, until such time as my/our written resignation is filed with this organization. I understand that membership in the Chamber is conditional on the approval of this application by the Board of Directors. Payment of dues must accompany application. Membership continues in force until revoked in writing